Women's Boxes Men's Boxes Girl's Boxes All Jewelry Boxes Jewelry Storage Armoires Watch Cases Personalized
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
These types of necklaces do not go with everything in your wardrobe but one or two of them are nice to have on hand. Let's take a look at the type of statement necklaces that are available and looking good right now.
* Fringe style necklaces were hot in 2011 and they continue to be gorgeous in 2012. When purchasing a fringe style necklace to use as your statement piece it needs to be big and bold; the bigger the better!
* Collar and Bib style necklaces continue to be strong this year. You can find Collar and Bib style necklaces made from various metals or even from quilted fabrics. This is a nice style of necklace to add to your wardrobe as they lay flat against your neckline.
* Embroidered and Beaded style necklaces are hot again this season and you can usually find these type of statement piece necklaces in fashion jewelry and handcrafted jewelry markets.
* Multiple chain necklaces are still going strong! When purchasing one of these necklaces to act as your statement piece you want it to be bold and flashy looking. Look for ones that have 3 or more chains connected together with beads, real or faux gemstones dangling from the chains.
* Chandelier necklaces can really act as a statement piece if you purchase them in a big and bold style. We love them with multiple real and faux gemstones dangling off them in various sizes and lengths. Make sure you purchase a pair of chandelier style earrings to match or to coordinate with your necklace, or better yet, forgo the necklace if you chandeliers can stand on their own.
It is fun to make a statement with fashion and jewelry. Enjoy your new pieces and store them properly for longer use and care.
by Karen Mollison, contributing editor at Chasing Treasure.com, online retailer of high quality jewelry boxes, watch cases and jewelry armoires.