Women's Boxes Men's Boxes Girl's Boxes All Jewelry Boxes Jewelry Storage Armoires Watch Cases Personalized
Monday, April 2, 2012
Fast-forward to 2012 and we are seeing a return to the 1960's style jewelry trend once again. Men, women and even teenagers are wearing jewelry to support their favorite causes and/or sporting around nature-inspired jewelry once again. What was hot then is hot again now!
When shopping for this type of jewelry you can purchase new or you can hit some yard sales, flea markets or anywhere that you can find vintage jewelry. Here are some key pieces to look for.
* Look for beaded jewelry in all shapes and colors. If you really want to stand out from the crowd this spring and summer opt for the brightest and boldest coors like neon green, bright turquoise, robin egg blue or citrus orange.
* Look for jewelry with a heavy boho influence. Look for beaded or woven pieces made from hemp or hemp-like materials.
* Look for any type of earrings, charms, bracelets or necklaces with the oh-so trendy peace sign symbol. These are always a hit with those sporting around the hippie look with their fashion jewelry.
* Fringe, bib, multi-layered and multiple-dangle necklaces were hot then and they are hot again this season. Since this trend comes and goes we think you should look for these pieces in the fashion-jewelry marketplace which makes them much more affordable.
* Nature-Inspired jewelry was big then and to this day it continues to be big. This is one trend in jewelry that has never gone out of style so it's a great investment in your jewelry wardrobe.
Show your hippie throwback style with some of these great looks and have a blast with your fashion style this spring and summer!
by Kaye Lefier, Contributing Editor at ChasingTreasure.com, online store specializing in wooden jewelry boxes and leather jewelry cases. Kaye is an avid Jewelry Collector and writes about Jewelry and Jewelry Trends.